Leaders of the automotive parts industry are planning to meet at the Drake Hotel in Chicago from April 21 to 24 at the ABPA Annual Business Meeting and Trade Fair. Will you be there?
Registration is now open for this important event, whose theme is “Continued Growth and Meeting the Challenges Ahead”.
Edward Salamy, Executive Director of the ABPA, has lined up a stellar schedule of speakers and events for the 35th annual convention, including:
- Dan Risley of the Automotive Service Association (ASA), who will provide a collision and service shop update
- Will Nordwind of Venable, who will bring the audience up to date on governmental issues as well as progress on the important fight for repair part patent exclusion under a new
- Robert Passmore, Senior Director Personal Lines Policy for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI), who will deliver an overview of insurance and legislative issues
- Randy Hansen from Allstate, who will address Insurers and the Aftermarket
- Ken Weiss, who will update the Parts Trader program
- ABPA personnel will give a brief overview of the patent reform case and update the membership of the current status
There will also be a panel discussion on inventory control, with CCC’s David Boden, carpart.com’s Jeff Schroeder, Dan Fernandez of APU Solutions, plus a representative from Mitchell.
As an added bonus, Automechanika Chicago, the largest U.S. trade show for automotive technicians and shop owners focused on high-end technical training and management, starts the following weekend directly after the ABPA show which will enable attendees to visit both shows without paying twice for airfare.
There is a special convention rate for the Drake Hotel of $199 per night plus tax. Hotel reservations can be made by either by calling 1-800-55-DRAKE or by the website. If guests call in they will require the group code which is ABP. Please keep in mind that the cutoff date for the room block is March 30, 2015.
For more information on the ABPA 2015 Convention, or to download a registration form click on a link below: