WASHINGTON, DC – The Certified Automotive Parts Association (CAPA) has announced the election of Don Feeley or City Body & Frame; Jared Humphrey of Service King Collision Repair Centers; Bob Keith of CARSTAR; Randall Bollander of Empire Auto Parts; Jeff Chen of T.Y.G. Products, L.P.; Richard Wang of Gordon Auto Body Parts Co., Ltd.; Dan Risley of ASA; Nick Scheid a consultant; and Michael Smith of GEICO to CAPA’s Technical Committee.
The CAPA Technical Committee is comprised of a cross-section of industries that are relevant to aftermarket parts, including manufacturers, distributors, insurers, collision repairers and general interest groups. This group develops, maintains, reviews and refines the CAPA Quality Standards in order to set legitimate, comprehensive and effective quality requirements that CAPA manufacturers must achieve in order to certify their parts. This consensus process assures the public of standards that identify parts that are comparable to car company service brand parts.
“CAPA is privileged to have such a broad range of industry expertise represented on our Technical Committee,” said Debbie Klouser, Director of Operations for the non-profit association. “Their insight into issues facing the aftermarket parts industry and guidance with the program are extremely important to CAPA and those who depend on CAPA certification.”
CAPA’s Technical Committee is one of a number of program features that makes CAPA standards unique. “As manufacturers and distributors introduce more marketing based part identification programs it has never been more important to have an independent, third party validation of quality,” said Jack Gillis. CAPA’s Technical Committee is one of the foundations that enable consumers, shops, and insurers to rely on CAPA to identify which parts in the market are safe, reliable, and will fit.
CAPA’s Technical Committee members include:
- Randall Bollander – Empire Auto Parts
- Alan Bush – USAA Insurance* – (Vice-Chair)
- Jeff Chen – T.Y.G. Products, L.P.
- Jerry Chen, DEPO/MAXZONE*
- Ray Chen, PartsChannel, Inc.*
- Bill Dornon – LKQ-Keystone*
- Rod Enlow – RENLOW Auto Technical Consulting, Inc.* (Chairman)
- Don Feeley – City Body & Frame
- Fred Hoyle, PBSI*
- Jared Humphrey – Service King Collision Repair Centers
- Bob Keith – CARSTAR
- Michael Koren – Continental Auto Parts*
- Bill Leise, State Farm Mutual Insurance Co.*
- Tony Passwater, Quality Assurance Systems International, LLC*
- Dan Risley – Automotive Services Association (ASA)
- Nick Scheid, Consultant
- Michael Smith – GEICO
- Richard Wang – Gordon Auto Body Parts Co., Ltd.
- Mark Woirol, Allstate/Tech-Cor*
* Returning members
The Certified Automotive Parts Association, founded in 1987, is the nation’s only independent, non-profit, certification organization for automotive crash parts whose sole purpose is to ensure that both consumers and the industry have the means to identify high quality parts via the CAPA Quality Seal. CAPA is an ANSI accredited standards developer for competitive crash repair parts. For more information see CAPAcertified.org.