To generate support in Congress for the pending PARTS legislation that is working its way through both the House and Senate, the Quality Parts Coalition (QPC) is asking industry leaders to contact their U.S. Representatives and Senators to urge them to vote in favor of the bill. The QPC has developed template letters for members of the House and Senate Judiciary Committees from California, New York, Texas and Utah (see below for the list of members).
The letters (downloadable below) are templates to be used to develop customized letters for each of the members listed. Please note, the letters are very similar to the ones developed for Illinois and Iowa, but have been updated each letter with statistics specific to each region.
The QPC is asking for your help to get senior executives from your companies who have a presence in any or all of the four states to agree to sign the letter.
The QPC is hoping to distribute the letters ahead of a potential House hearing in May, so please send us the following information by COB next Friday, May 8 – executives signature, name, title, company and region.
If you have any questions about the letters please contact Diane Padilla (Diane.Padilla@ketchum.com), who is with the QPC’s public relations firm.
Congressional Contact List
- Rep. Darrell Issa (R) California, 49th (Sponsor, IP Subcommittee Chairman)
- Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D) California, 19th (Co-sponsor)
- Rep. Judy Chu (D) California, 27th
- Rep. Karen Bass (D) California, 37th
- Rep. Mimi Walters (R) California, 45th
- Rep. Scott Peters (D) California, 52nd
- Senator Dianne Feinstein (D – CA)
- Rep. Jerry Nadler (D) New York, 10th
- Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D) New York, 8th
- Senator Charles Schumer (D – NY)
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R) Texas, 1st
- Rep. Ted Poe (R) Texas, 2nd
- Rep. John Ratcliffe (R) Texas, 4th
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D) Texas, 18th
- Rep. Lamar Smith (R) Texas, 21st
- Rep. Blake Farenthold (R) Texas, 27th
- Senator John Cornyn (R – TX)
- Senator Ted Cruz (R – TX)
- Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R – UT) (Co-sponsor)
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R) Utah, 3rd
- Senator Michael S. Lee (R – UT)