By Ed Salamy, Executive Director
With the success of our 2015 convention in Chicago and a surge in membership growth, the ABPA is unified in moving forward in 2016 and beyond. Which makes our upcoming annual convention in sunny Miami, Florida on April 26-29 an even more exciting and eagerly anticipated event.
As always, the ABPA convention will be the place to be to learn about the industry issues and trends that affect your business. Panel discussions and educational breakout sessions will focus on topics that are important to you and your business. Guest speakers will discuss timely issues such as insurance relations, MSOs, legislation changes, parts procurement, and dynamic pricing. You’ll leave Miami a more informed, knowledgeable leader for your company.
As with all of our conventions, I urge you to set aside time to have fun! On Wednesday, we’ll enjoy 18 holes at the Miami Shores Golf Course. On Thursday, dinner will be held aboard the Biscayne Lady, a large luxury yacht that will pick up attendees right at the hotel. Dinner and open bar will be provided. The best news? This bay cruise is included in your convention package at no additional cost! Of course, we can’t forget the famous Miami nightlife and the fun of South Beach just a short ride away.
Below is a list of some of the speakers and programs we have already locked down for the Miami convention, with more to follow.
- Servicing the Insurance Driven Market – Jim Smith will lead a panel to discuss the relationship between parts distributors and the insurance industry. Participating in the discussion will be MSO leaders, insurers, distributor representatives and NSF.
- Insurance and Collision Repair: Legislative and Regulatory Issues – Robert Passmore, Senior Director Personal Lines Policy for the Property Casualty Insurers Association of America (PCI), will review the legislative and regulatory landscape and issues where the interests of the collision repair, insurance and replacement parts industries converge. Bob will provide an overview issues currently playing out in statehouses and insurance departments around the country as well as in Washington DC.
- Parts Certification – We will have detailed updates from both CAPA and NSF on both of their programs.
- Patent Reform in the Courts – The ABPA has brought the issue of patent reform to the US courts. ABPA representatives will give a brief overview of the case and update the membership on the current status.
- Navigating The Sea of Legislation – Will Nordwind of Venable will bring the audience up to date on governmental issues which continue to face the industry, as well as progress on the important fight for repair part patent exclusion under a new Congress.
- Breakout sessions – Part of the value of the ABPA convention is the ability to participate in our breakout sessions! CCC, carpart.com, Partstrader and NSF are all scheduled to participate.
If you have not yet registered for this year’s convention, don’t delay! You can quickly and easily register on line to reserve your place at what should be the biggest and best ABPA annual meeting and convention ever!