WASHINGTON, DC – The Certified Automotive Parts Association (CAPA) announces the election of Alan Bush – ALD and Associates; Jim Fisher – PBSI-DS; Bob Guzdziol – K.S.I. Trading; Don Hill – State Farm; Jim Horner – USAA; Jim Miras – Micro Rim Corporation; Mark Sanders – Caliber Collision Centers; and Chad Sulkala – Allstate to CAPA’s Technical Committee.
The CAPA Technical Committee is comprised of a cross-section of industries that are relevant to aftermarket parts, including manufacturers, distributors, insurers, collision repairers and quality experts. This group develops, maintains, reviews and refines the CAPA Quality Standards in order to set legitimate, comprehensive and effective quality requirements that CAPA manufacturers must achieve in order to certify their parts. This consensus process assures the public of standards that identify parts that are comparable to car company service brand parts. CAPA’s standards are developed in a public forum, are fully transparent and available to the public.
“CAPA is absolutely privileged to have such a broad range of industry expertise represented on our Technical Committee,” said Debbie Klouser, Director of Operations for the non-profit association. “Their understanding of the issues facing the aftermarket parts industry and guidance with the program are extremely important to CAPA and those who depend on CAPA certification.”
“CAPA’s Technical Committee is one of a number of unique program features that make the CAPA Standards unique,” said Jack Gillis, Executive Director of the association. These new additions to the Technical Committee represent some of the most respected and important members of the collision industry and will enable CAPA to continue its position as the “gold standard” when it comes to high quality, safe and fairly priced certified aftermarket parts.
CAPA’s Technical Committee members include:
- Randall Bollander – Empire Auto Parts
- Alan Bush –ALD and Associates, LLC – (Vice-Chair)
- Jeff Chen – T.Y.G. Products, L.P.
- Bill Dornon – LKQ-Keystone
- Rod Enlow – RENLOW Auto Technical Consulting, Inc. (Chairman)
- Don Feeley – City Body & Frame
- Jim Fisher – PBSI-DS
- Bob Guzdziol – K.S.I. Trading
- Don Hill – State Farm Mutual Insurance Co.
- Jim Horner – USAA Insurance
- Jared Humphrey – Service King Collision Repair Centers
- Bob Keith – CARSTAR
- Jim Miras – Micro Rim Corporation
- Dan Risley – Automotive Services Association (ASA)
- Mark Sanders – Caliber Collision Centers
- Nick Scheid, LNS & Associates
- Michael Smith – GEICO Insurance
- Chad Sulkala – Allstate Insurance
- Richard Wang – Gordon Auto Body Parts Co., Ltd.
The Certified Automotive Parts Association, founded in 1987, is the nation’s only independent, non-profit, certification organization for automotive crash parts whose sole purpose is to ensure that both consumers and the industry have the means to identify high quality parts via the CAPA Quality Seal. CAPA is an ANSI accredited standards developer for competitive crash repair parts. For more information seeCAPAcertified.org.