With the New Year behind us, the ABPA is now in high gear preparing for our annual convention. For those of you not in the know, this year’s convention is being held in the beautiful Renaissance Atlanta Midtown located in downtown Atlanta on April 25 -28, 2017.
I am happy to report that early feedback from our event sponsors has been great! The annual ABPA convention is our biggest event of the year and it is incredibly important to have strong sponsor support. We have broken our sponsorship dollars record each year over the past four years and I expect this year to break a new record. To our sponsors, both new and historical, thank you!
For those of you who joined us in Miami last year, it was probably our best convention that we have had over the entire 36-year history of the ABPA. We covered a wide range of important industry topics, had informative speakers, panel discussions and breakout sessions, and had some great fun with our annual golf outing and the boat ride in Miami Harbor. I take pride in that we learn each year what works (and what doesn’t) and apply it to our next convention to make it all that much better for our members!
Here are some highlights of 2017 Atlanta:
- We will once again be discussing the important topics that affect our industry including part certifications, MSO’s, partnering with insurers, and legislative issues. We are in the last stage of finalizing our speaker schedule and will announce them in the very near future!
- For this year’s golf event, we are partnering with the Atlanta ICAR group to have a joint event that benefits the Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF). Through their greens fees, ABPA golfers will be giving to a great cause in CREF and will have a great time. In addition, ABPA members will be able to make new contacts on the course with ICAR members.
- The ABPA annual convention is the place to meet the decision makers in the aftermarket collision parts industry included distributors, manufacturers, and reps from some of the leading insurance companies and MSO’s. If you are looking to make new contacts, look no further.
- We take pride in selecting only the highest quality venues for our annual convention and this year is no different. The Renaissance Atlanta Midtown is new and contemporary – our attendees are sure to be impressed. In addition, we are right in the downtown area with easy access to restaurants, bars and shopping. I would recommend to our attendees to not get a rental car – the hotel is only a short taxi ride from the airport or you can take the MARTA system for less than $3 each way (station is .2 miles from hotel).
- The annual ABPA convention is also about having fun with your colleagues! Each year we have great events including cocktail parties, special events (Boat ride in Miami) and parties thrown by our sponsors. Stay tuned for the latest schedule as it becomes available!
Book your trip now! To register for the event and still get the early bird rate, act fast! You can find out more about the 2017 Atlanta ABPA convention on our Body Language newsletter, or by visiting the ABPA website.
ABPA attendees can also lock in a special discounted rate ($169) at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown by clicking here.
See you in Atlanta!