The House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Innovation, Data, and Commerce has announced a hearing next week to discuss consumer-focused legislative solutions, including the bipartisan Right to Equitable and Professional Auto Industry Repair (REPAIR) Act (H.R. 906).
If you have not reached out to your member of Congress yet to ask them to support the REPAIR & SMART Acts, the time is now!
To find your Representative and their contact information, please visit the ABPA website.
Executive Director, ABPA
Chairs Rodgers and Bilirakis Announce Legislative Hearing on Proposals to Enhance Product Safety and Transparency for Americans
Washington, D.C. — House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Innovation, Data, and Commerce Subcommittee Chair Gus Bilirakis (R-FL) today announced a hearing titled “Proposals to Enhance Product Safety and Transparency for Americans.”
“Energy and Commerce is leading to ensure the safety of our kids, protect Americans from harms, and strengthen U.S. technological leadership. We look forward to discussing several proposals next week aimed at improving people’s lives, increasing safety, and encouraging business practices that promote transparency for the costs of items, like concert tickets, and hidden fees.”
Subcommittee on Innovation, Data, and Commerce legislative hearing titled “Proposals to Enhance Product Safety and Transparency for Americans.”
WHAT: Innovation, Data, and Commerce Subcommittee legislative hearing on proposals to enhance product safety and transparency.
DATE: Wednesday, September 27, 2023
TIME: 10:30 AM ET
LOCATION: 2322 Rayburn House Office Building
This notice is at the direction the Chair. The hearing will be open to the public and press and will be livestreamed online at energycommerce.house.gov. If you have any questions concerning the hearing, please contact Jessica Herron at Jessica.Herron@mail.house.gov. If you have any press-related questions, please contact Sean Kelly at Sean.Kelly@mail.house.gov.
The following draft legislation will be discussed:
- H.R. 2964, The Wastewater Infrastructure Pollution Prevention and Environmental Safety (WIPPES) Act (Reps. McClain and Peltola)
- H.R. 3950, The Transparency In Charges for Key Events Ticketing (TICKET) Act (Reps. Bilirakis and Schakowsky)
- H.R. 3660, The Better Oversight of Stub Sales and Strengthening Well Informed and Fair Transactions for Audiences of Concert Ticketing (BOSS and SWIFT) Act of 2023 (Reps. Pascrell, Pallone, Brownley, and Del. Holmes Norton)
- H.R. 5202, The Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Reauthorization Act (Reps. Wasserman Schultz, Burgess, Carter, Allred, Castor, Williams, Garcia, Flood, Ross, Bacon, and Gottheimer)
- H.R. 4310, The Youth Poisoning Protection Act (Reps. Trahan, Carey, Porter, and Stewart)
- H.R. 4814, The Consumer Safety Technology Act (Reps. Soto, Burgess, Trahan, and Guthrie)
- H.R. 5556, The Reinforcing American-Made Products Act (Rep. Curtis)
- H.R. ___, The No Hidden Fees on Extra Expenses for Stays Act (Rep. Kim)
- H.R. ___, The Online Dating Safety Act of 2023 (Rep. Valadao)
- H.R. ___, To amend the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act to establish a Federal standard relating to ingredient disclosure in cleaning products, and for other purposes (Rep. Bucshon)
- H.R. 1797, The Setting Consumer Standards for Lithium-Ion Batteries Act (Reps. Torres, Garbarino, Clarke, Ryan, Bowman, D’Esposito, Espaillat, and Goldman)
- H.R._906, The Right to Equitable and Professional Auto Industry Repair Act (REPAIR) Act (Reps. Dunn, Boyle, Davidson, and Gluesenkamp Perez)
- H.R. ___, The Consumer Product Safety Commission Awning Safety Discussion Draft
- H.R. ___, The Speculative Ticketing Ban Discussion Draft