The ABPA represents the interests of its membership and supports strategic positions that will enhance their business climate. Below are some current advocacy issues that ABPA members need to be aware of.
Section 232 Tariffs
- Senate Finance Committee to Convene Hearing on the Impact of Tariffs on the U.S. Auto Industry
- ABPA Position Statement Against Proposed Section 232 Tariffs
ABPA vs Ford Global
On November 25, 2013, the Automotive Body Parts Association (ABPA) filed a lawsuit in Federal Court against Ford Global Technologies, LLC (Ford Global). The lawsuit requested a declaration that certain Ford Global design patents directed toward automotive body repair parts are invalid and unenforceable under the doctrines of functionality and patent exhaustion. ABPA is proceeding on the basis of associational standing.
- Latest Update: Automotive Body Parts Association v. Ford Global Technologies LLC (July 2019)
- ABPA Statement Regarding Recent New World Trial Decision
- Attention Members: The ABPA Needs Your Help!
Donate to the ABPA Legal Fund
The ABPA welcomes support from our Members to assist in advocacy efforts. To make a donation to the ABPA Legal Fund, download the Pledge Form below. If you opt for a regular contribution, you will receive a monthly invoice from the ABPA. All funds are directly deposited to the ABPA Legal Fund Account.
Donations can also be made via PayPal by clicking the button below:
Quality Parts Coalition (QPC)
The Quality Parts Coalition (QPC) represents the interests of the independent parts industry, repairers, insurers, consumers and seniors. The Coalition consists of associations, coalitions and businesses committed to preserving competition in the collision parts industry. Website: www.keepautopartsaffordable.org