The 40th ABPA Annual Meeting and Convention will be held in Newport Beach, California at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach from September 21-24, 2020. After numerous site visits by the ABPA Convention Committee members, the Hyatt Regency was chosen for its ideal location, modern meeting space, and tremendous value for our attendees.
The ABPA Convention is the place to be to meet and network with the major players in our industry. In attendance will parts distributors, manufacturers, vendors and electronic information providers. Also in attendance this year will be representatives from 6 out of the top 11 insurance companies. This is an event not to be missed!
Mark your calendars now – we look forward to seeing you in Newport Beach!
To be notified about the latest developments as soon as they are announced, sign up to receive the Body Language email newsletter!
To preserve the health and safety of our attendees, the ABPA has postponed the Spring conference until the week of September 21, 2020. We will be remaining at the same hotel (Hyatt Regency Newport Beach) and will provide an updated convention schedule as soon as possible.
- Convention Registrations – If you have already registered and are unable to make the ABPA convention in September, please contact the ABPA office for a full refund of your convention registration fees. If you are able to make the September dates and have already registered, you do not need to register again.
- Hotel – we are currently working with the Hyatt to obtain an updated link to the ABPA dedicated room block rate. If you have already made hotel registrations for the April dates, contact the hotel directly to cancel.
Although this is an inconvenience for all, we do hope that you stay safe and healthy. Our hearts and thoughts certainly go out to all who have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak.
Registration for the ABPA Convention is a two-step process. You will need to reserve your room at the Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, and then register for the Convention itself. The links for each step are provided below.
Step 1: Hotel Reservation
The Hyatt Regency is located in exclusive Newport Beach, CA with multiple options for dining, golf and entertainment. The ABPA has secured a special rate of $199 per night which offers a tremendous value for attendees. Included in the $10 daily resort fee is unlimited business internet access in guest rooms, unlimited fitness center access, golf at Back Bay Golf Course, unlimited business center use, in-room bottled water (2 per day), complimentary bike rental, beach kit rental, outdoor games including water features at Oasis Pool, & bottomless kids souvenir cup.
To book your hotel room and get the discounted ABPA rate, click on the link below:
An updated link will be provided soon.
Step 2: Convention Registration
The ABPA has partnered with Eventbrite to provide registration services for the 2020 Convention. Click the link below to get started.
We offer two registration package options: Gold and Silver. The Gold package includes access to all sessions and meals throughout the entire Convention (Monday through Thursday). The Silver package includes access to all sessions and meals on the last 2 days only (Wednesday and Thursday). If you are interested in bringing family members at a discounted rate, please contact the ABPA office directly at 800-323-5832.
Annual ABPA Golf Event (9/22/2020)
Attention all ABPA Golfers! The Annual ABPA Golf Event is being held Tuesday, 9/22/20 at the beautiful Strawberry Farms Golf Course located in nearby Irvine! Strawberry Farms Golf Course combines the rural beauty and tranquility of the surrounding area with the challenge of true championship golf. As the premier golf course in Southern California, Strawberry Farms is the preferred course among corporate groups and golf enthusiasts alike.
To register for golf, select the golf add-on ticket during the registration. For $70 you get green fees, transportation to/from the course, cart, breakfast and lunch. What a deal! Rental clubs are available for $75 each.
Port of Long Beach Harbor Tour (9/24/2020)
The ABPA is proud to offer this free event for our attendees! Do not fly home early on Thursday! Buses for the Port depart the Hyatt Regency at 8:30AM for an anticipated arrival to the Port of Long Beach at 9:30AM. Anticipated arrival back to the hotel by 12:30PM. Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages will be provided on the boat. Aboard the 90-minute narrated excursion, you will get close to operations at the second-busiest Port in the nation. See towering cranes, the most advanced and green terminal in the world, new infrastructure projects such as the Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement, and possibly even catch a glimpse of local marine life. You will also learn about the variety of groundbreaking green programs the Port has implemented to reduce the environmental impact of operations. Seating is limited on a first come, first serve basis. To register for this complimentary event, choose the Harbor Tour ticket during check out.
Schedule of Events
The detailed schedule is being revised due to the convention postponement and will be available within the next few weeks. In the meantime, please see below for an overall outline of the schedule.
- 5-8PM Registration Opens (Pacific Foyer)
- 6-9PM Welcoming Reception (Pacific Room)
- 7:00AM Golfers depart (Lobby)
- 4-6PM Exhibitors Tabletop Setup (Plaza I/II Ballroom)
- 6PM Registration re-opens (Plaza Arbor Foyer)
- 6-7PM Cocktail Reception (Plaza I/II Ballroom)
- 7-9PM Tradeshow and Reception Dinner (Plaza I/II Ballroom)
- 7:30AM Registration re-opens (Plaza Foyer)
- 7:30-9AM Breakfast Buffet (Plaza I/II Ballroom)
- 9AM-12PM Business Session w/ keynote speakers (Plaza I/II Ballroom)
- 12-1PM Awards Lunch (Plaza I/II Ballroom)
- 1-5PM Educational Breakout sessions (Plaza I/II, Plaza III & Patio rooms)
- 5:30-6PM NABC Vehicle Giveaway (Parking lot outside of meeting space)
- 6-7PM Cocktail Reception (Outdoor Amphitheater)
- 8-9PM Dinner (Outdoor Amphitheater)
- 7:30-8:30AM Breakfast (Plaza I/II Ballroom)
- 8:30AM to approximately 12:30PM – ABPA attendees who have registered for the optional Port of Long Beach Tour will board the buses for an anticipated arrival to the Port of Long Beach at 9:30AM. We will board the vessel “Spirit” for a 1.5 hour guided water tour of the Port of Long Beach. The tour will be given by employees of the Port. Anticipated arrival back to the hotel by 12:30PM. Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages will be provided on the boat.
Several levels of support are available. See the Tabletop and Sponsorship Application section below for details. All sponsors will get their name, website link, and logo (depending on the support level) added to this page!
The ABPA is grateful to these sponsors for their support of the 2020 convention!
Tabletop and Sponsorship Application
Sponsorship opportunities for the 2020 ABPA Convention are available! As an ABPA sponsor, you will receive the highest rated industry exposure for your business. In addition, you will be supporting the Association and making the 2020 Convention a success for all attendees. For sponsorship information, click the link below: